Book Fair, books, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire, Carmarthenshire Event, hwyl, literature, literature festival, Literature set in Wales, litfest, llandeilo, Llandeilo Book Fair, Llandeilo Event, South Wales, Wales, Welsh Books, Welsh Fiction, Welsh language, Welsh literature, Welsh writers
Let me end this year’s Welsh Wednesdays Blog series with a little announcement for an event in the coming year:
After two successful book fairs in the Civic Hall in Llandeilo, I felt it was time to extend the non-Bookfair part of our past events in future ones. Our readings, talks and workshops were well received with people even showing up especially just for them and these events should feature more prominently and have more time and resources allocated to them.
The National Trust and Literature Wales have stopped their bi-annual Literature Festival at Dinefwr Park, Llandeilo, and so it seemed only natural to fill the gap left in the social and cultural event calendar.
let me proudly present to you
Several venues around town have been hired for April 27th – 30th 2017 for a three day festival, with events ranging from writing work shops, poetry readings, author panels, readings, a book treasure hunt, a book fair and music events to round up the programme.
Highlights of the festival programme so far include
- local writing celebrities, such as Kate Glanville and Sally Spedding
- Welsh artists, such as Sion Tomos Owen, Jo Mazelis, Nuria Otte, Jen Jones and Lisa Fearn
- acclaimed authors such as Jasper Fforde, David Stuart David, Phil Carradice and David Ebsworth
- workshops on self-publishing, marketing and writing
- a Q&A on scriptwriting
- Welsh Myths and Legends, Welsh language writers, Welsh history and Welsh locations and characters in books will all be featured
- a two day book fair and many fringe events in locations around Llandeilo.
- themes from romance to time travel, from beer to poetry, from rugby to wells – there will be something for everyone.
Llandeilo Lit Fest
NatWest Account No:75553198
Sort Code 53-7031