Calling Writers – Short Story Contest
November 15th through November 30th, 2013
Grand Prize – a Kindle Fire HD
Other prizes include Gift Cards, ebook bundles and winner banners
Contemporary Fantasy – Maer Wilson
Horror – Danielle DeVor
Historical – Christoph Fischer
Paranormal Romance – Tina Moss
Romance – Constance Phillips
Young Adult – Lindsey Loucks
Mystery – LynDee Walker
1. Submission dates – Opening date is 11/15/2013 at 12:00 AM. Closing date is 11/30/13 at 11:59 PM. All times are Pacific Standard Time.
2. Each submission must be 3000-5000 words.
3. Each story must be submitted as an attachment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The email should include:
Author’s email address.
5. Formatting – Submissions must be formatted in a standard .doc file as an attachment and submitted as follows :
Times Roman 12 pt
1 inch margins
Include only story title and page numbers. (NO AUTHOR NAMES in the story attachment)
6. Submissions must be of original, unpublished work and all rights owned by the entrant. Copyright remains property of the author.
7. Stories must be in one of the following genres:
8. Stories will be forwarded to the judge for that genre.
9. All entrants must be at least 18 years of age.
10. The name of the winner and their winning story in each genre will be posted on 12/7/2013 on the judging author’s website. See below for the links to each genre.
11. The poll to vote for the Grand Winner will open on 12/7/13. A link to the poll will be available at each sponsoring author’s website.
12. Voting will close at 12:00 AM PST on 12/20.
13. The Grand Winner will be announced on all sponsoring websites on or after 12/20/13.
Good luck contestants!
For complete information, please see the rules here:http://goo.gl/GMRtUW
You can also join our group page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1427792667435400/